Thursday, September 7, 2017

Welcome Back to our JQuest Journey!

WOW!  Did anyone see the past four months of our summer break fly by?! I'm still spinning like a dreydl, but I feel I'm about to "land."  The question is, which Hebrew letter will I land on - AYIN (for "Am"), YUD (for "Yisrael"), CHET (for Chai), or LAMED (for "L'olam")?

AM YISRAEL CHAI L'OLAM ! (THE NATION OF ISRAEL LIVES FOREVER!)

This is what our Edot class is all about - discovering how our Jewish nation, which is made up of many Jewish communities existing all over the world, still continues to survive even though we live in different parts of the world, speak different languages, eat different foods, sing different songs... (it goes on and on). What is it that has allowed us for at least 2,000 years to feel united as one people, and what is it that will allow us to continue to feel this way "l'olam" (forever)? 

Get ready to jump aboard our Edot time machine to journey back through time and space to find answers to where we've been, where we are now, and where we are going on our Jewish Journey. Our point of departure is Temple Isaiah's Social Hall; we'll start the journey this coming Sunday morning at precisely 9 a.m. I'll be wearing my JQuest conductor's shirt (though I think it actually reads "Staff"), so keep an eye out for me. I'll be the one with "CHARNA" on the name tag on the shirt.

See you on Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment